This marks the 100th post on my blog. If I had stuck to what I wanted to be doing when I first started this blog, which was posts every 2-3 days, I would have already reached 100 posts. Instead, I am finding myself almost two years deep into blogging my thoughts on gaming, my house-rules, my AARs (or, at this point, my player's AARs), and other things that come to mind.
A lot has happened since I made that first post introducing myself! I have played in a few games, though only a few of them were memorable enough to make me think of them fondly, and I have ran (and stopped running) many GURPS games. I have also started and stopped many world building projects, which usually get dissected and put into the next project.
I have also started playing with rules that I would have yelled at myself for using two years ago: Conditional Injury, the Armor Design pyramid articles, T-Bone's GLAIVE, and many other rules (and house rules!) that I think are sick. They also provide that mechanical depth that I was seeking in those departments which I was sorely trying to recreate on my end.
I've also started and contributed to a few projects in the GURPS community. The more important one is Ptolemy's Elder Scrolls conversion. He converted almost all of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind into GURPS, going so far as to even make everything in GCS for ease of use. I can say that I have used it in a one-shot and it was really good. Character building was fast and easy and made sense. Impressive.
On a technical basis, some things that I find impressive have happened. The first is that I have (apparently) accumulated over 1,700 views on one of my old blog posts and have over 11,000 views on my blog overall. What?! That many people have read what I have to say? Still blows my mind.
Going into the future, I am going to continue posting after-action reports as well as whatever else comes to mind. Whatever I did early on in my blogging days isn't super indicative of my writing style or actual intentions when it comes to blogging now.
Finally, I would like to thank some people. Ethan and Void, first and foremost. These two guys are the first people I run to when I am looking for players and are great friends outside of gaming. Ptolemy as well; we tend to spend a lot of time talking about GURPS as well as other interesting topics. Teragen, for being one of the funniest (and most fiscal) players at most of my tables. My dedicated IRL players, who know who they are, should also be mentioned, for putting up with players dropping every session. Finally, I would like to thank Lop, who doesn't play with us anymore, but is someone that has helped me with tons of stuff with GURPS and otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment