Yes, I caved for the BrOSR stuff and am setting up a Braunstein. I had been following Eggplant's Eggstein and used some materials he had posted on his blog and his substack, which I shamelessly copied a lot of. Anyways, now that it is almost ready, I can talk about what my plans are and how they differed from what Eggplant was doing in his game:
- Weekly Orders! Eggplant's game had daily orders, and I ran a test with daily orders, but that got to be too much too quickly; I have no clue how Eggplant ran almost three months of daily orders. Orders get processed before my game on Sundays.
- Expanded Economics. Every settlement requires materials, be that tools, wood, grain, or anything else they might demand. This means that you will need to handle an intricate economic system while trading with other players to keep everything in check. Run out of a resource and things could go bad, especially if it is food.
- Simplified Military. Military actions are going to be pretty simple for this game. Battles are going to be resolved closer to a Kriegsspiel-esque system, with battles being reported back to the respective leaders after the fact.
- Adventurers. Every lord gets a number of adventurers, which are similar to how Gygax had his adventurers operate, being a group of expert scouts and specialists. They're pretty much the fantasy Green Berets. Their actions are also kind of treated like a Kriegsspiel scenario for orders, but is really closer to a group of NPCs ran by me moving through a short lair or dungeon and figuring out what they find, who gets injured or dies, and what the total income is for the lord.
- No Victory Condition. The game has to end eventually, and I believe that there could be a natural conclusion which would stop the need for players to play as the leaders of every fiefdom, but there isn't a written out "victory condition". You don't win, but rather, you see if your regime survives against all odds! These odds are written out at the start of the game, but will slowly change as you progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment